At Midwest Precast, we bring our clients the highest level of experience and customer service. If you share in our philosophy, please check out our job listings and email Helen Martinez at helen.martinez@
GENERAL DESCRIPTION - The Sealants Estimator/Project Manager is responsible for the estimating/sales and overall installation of sealants on buildings and ramps. This person is responsible for project administration, management of the crews, equipment, and overall progress of the project and reports directly to the Caulking Operations Coordinator. This position will require travel (75%-90%) and can be based out of Fargo, ND or Elk River, MN.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Safety of crews/personnel – promote, enforce, and develop extremely strong safety culture
- Estimating complex sealant projects
- Business development for sealant projects
- Management of job costs and resources on sealant projects
- Source necessary construction equipment & materials to complete the project
- Ensure quality of project is second to none
- Read & interpret blue prints & communicate the work plan to the crew
- Write weekly reports explaining progress made & problems encountered
- Attend jobsite meetings/coordination meetings with contractor
- Job setup process internally with accounting
- Coordinate appropriate equipment & crew size needed for the project to be completed in efficient manner
- Determine the proper installation sequence based on the site & precast produced to work efficiently & effectively
- Review contracts, establish scope of work for each job
- Hire/Retain field employees
- Work with management team to establish training for applications
- Complete billings in timely manner
- Complete and follow-up on reports, RFI’s, Change Orders and other documents as needed
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED -
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Understand safety requirements to maintain a safe job site
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Large and complex project experience preferred
- Must carry in a professional manner at all times
- Must be able to lead a team with respect and dignity.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Must be motivated and self-driven to complete a task.
- Knowledge of products the company uses and which products would work best.
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become Best-in-Class.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS -
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- Must have a minimum 10 years’ experience in sealant application
WORKING CONDITIONS -
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to jobsite environment.